Friday, January 14, 2011

The Altar


Corals, in all colors of the rainbow, laid around the The Altar filled with life. Clown fish, angel fish, and also parrot fish thrived here. Life here was not limited to fish. There was much more. Great boulders of stone dominated the terrain but were covered with corals of all sorts. Sharks, eels, and sometimes even whales came to this holy ground to pay their respects. There was no war, no fighting, and no hate. This was a holy area of truce. It was a place for peace. It was a place meant for peace.

"...What," Crystal stated in wonder.

" Well it is what it is," replied the mermaid, "quickly now, we must go."

"To where?"

With no further explanation, the mermaid then proceeded to the The Altar. But, it was also then that the attack was implemented.

*Boom!*

"Aaah! What was that!"

"We are being attacked; we must hurry. There is no time to explain."

*Boom Boom!*

The ocean shook as the water bombs failed to reach their targets. Corals of different shapes and sizes were obliterated within an instant. The fish... where were the fish?

"This constant bombing is driving me insane. I'm practically running out of breath! Where's a bomb shelter when you need one!"

"Crystal! There is no time for this! We have nearly reached The Altar. We will be safe there. Hurry!"

Hand in hand, the mermaid dragged Crystal onto an awaited nightmare.

....

*Beep Beep* Uh... Hi this is Crystal. Please leave a message.*

Bam!

Shita slammed the phone back onto the kitchen wall. Crystal had been gone for an entire day without notice. Shita paced around the refrigerator quickly and opened it once again. Finally worn out, she stomped out of the kitchen and flung herself right onto the couch.

"Why in the world is she not picking up the damn phone! Dammit," whinned Shita.

She had already waited for Crystal for several hours and time was not passing by any slower. In the midst of Shita's frustration, she was saved by her cellphone.

“Hello,” grunted Shita.

“Hello,” replied Pegasus’s cheerful voice, “What’s bothering you? You sound annoyed. Is this a bad time?”

Ba Dum… Ba Dum

“Uhh… nno… of course, I mean… this is … well … there is something bothering me.”

“I’m all ears.”

“It’s about my sister. I haven’t seen or heard from her in the last few hours. I’ve called and called so many times…I’m sorry I’m rambling. I’m just worried.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean. My little Kyba is always running around without notice. But, he always comes back. Your sister will too. She must be unavailable for some reason. Did she forget her cell phone?”

“No, I don’t think so. Crystal is the responsible type. She’s the one that picks up after me. I mean that I can lazy sometimes, well that’s not what I am trying to say…”

“It’s alright. Hey why don’t we go look for her? After all, I did call you because I had some time on my hands.”

Shita stared blankly into space. After a brief moment, it finally hit her. Under the strangest circumstance, she was going out with her dream guy, Pegasus.

“Uh… I mean, thank you very much.”

“Alright, I’ll pick you up in about twenty-minutes?”

“Yeah, that would be great!”

Half excited and half worried Shita dashed upstairs to find the perfect outfit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

“It’s about my sister. I haven’t seen or heard from her in the last few hours. I’ve called and called so many times…I’m sorry I’m rambling.”

“I’m just worried.”

This is all from one person right? Then it should be in the same quotation...unless you want to say there was a pause it could be written like: “It’s about my sister. I haven’t seen or heard from her in the last few hours. I’ve called and called so many times…I’m sorry I’m rambling,” she paused, “I’m just worried.”

Ummm, probably a personal opinion..>.<..something is missing in the first paragraph. Your description of the current main setting, I'm guessing. Well, what I learned was that if describing a setting try to use as much of the five sense you can to pull the readers as if they were there.

No description of how any of the character's look like, I'm guessing it comes later.

It's good, creative, and new. Now you just got to bring the words to life! XD Best of luck, keep at it! WOOT WOOT!!